Saturday, October 23, 2010

VPL Fall Book Sale -

In the off-chance there are other bibliophiles in the class, I thought I'd give a heads-up that the VPL is having it's annual Fall Book Sale. It began on Thurs and runs through Sunday. New books are continually added to the pile so finding things can be a little random. Here are the goodies I picked up:

• Howard Gardner, Extraordinary Minds
• John Gray, Black Mass
• Barbara Ladouceur & Phyllis Spence (Eds.), Blackouts to Bright Lights: Canadian War Bride Stories

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you think of "Black Mass" (i haven't read it, but i think John Gray's a very interesting writer; my brother actually took a course with him in London)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll make a mental note to check back with you about it after I get a chance to read it. ;)

    A few people I think of as exceptionally cogent think of Gray as one of the greatest living philosophers. Dunno if I'm prepared to go that far, but I'm willing to give him some slack until I feel his oeuvre out...

    You read any of his other books?

    ReplyDelete